Sunday, May 3, 2009

scratch and dent body repair

I am back home getting the body work to keep on chugging. Knee repair for the torn meniscus (acquired while convincing my mother at 2:30 am that it wasn't a good time to get dressed and do battle with the perceived criminals in the hall); cataract removal in the one good eye (the other one a victim of NAION, a condition,
while not uncommon, only neuro-opthamologists seem to know about); a quick trip to the dentist to ensure continued chewing......you know, the usual dent and scratch fix up to the old carcass.

And I have to say that I am grateful for living in the here and now. None of this would have been a quick fix a generation or two ago. So, on my crutches and next week with a patch on my eye, I thank the world of medicine for my survival. My mother is doing well, and amazingly I am still the proud owner of all my buttons, as my charming but crazy mother would have said just a month or two ago.

I have been painting....though I'll take a quick break from it next week. Then, I'll see all my recent work with a new clear eye.....

No comments:

Post a Comment



swamp, 55" x 29"

in progress

flying fish, 55" x 29"

eye with a view

free counters

Followers

Popular Posts

more stuff:

http://flickr.com/photos/siptak
http://gailsiptak.com
http://koelschgallery.com

studio

studio

About Me

My photo
I am living and painting in the little town of Houston. A far way from my San Francisco beginnings. I paint what I see of the human condition, be it human, animal or object. The glimmer of humor, pathos, and spirit in so much of what I see is the basis of what I paint.

copyright

All content here is under copyright: Gail Siptak. Please ask for permission if you wish to use them. Thanks.

Total Pageviews