Tuesday, January 8, 2008

cul-de-sac paintings

Paintings all off to the gallery. The studio echos. Well, sort of. Actually, there is a LOT of stuff in there. It is good to be productive, but then you are surrounded with output. I'm still quite fond of some of the oldest paintings in there. I know all the frustration and craziness that went into their birth.

Some of this output represent cul-de-sacs. Exuberant directions that were delicious to indulge but led to an ending point rather than a connection to other work. Some of the cul-de-sacs were the need and relief of doing something different.

That is, if the work was all figures for a while, then it was wonderful to do still life. If all of it had exhausted me, then it was soothing to do something nearly (for me) abstract: a bit of curling paper, a slanted table top and a red ball. I did twelve of these paper/table/ball pieces. They don't look like the other work. And that is the delight I get from them. That and the challenge of how do you use those 3 parts in 12 different ways. Quite fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment



swamp, 55" x 29"

in progress

flying fish, 55" x 29"

eye with a view

free counters

Followers

Popular Posts

more stuff:

http://flickr.com/photos/siptak
http://gailsiptak.com
http://koelschgallery.com

studio

studio

About Me

My photo
I am living and painting in the little town of Houston. A far way from my San Francisco beginnings. I paint what I see of the human condition, be it human, animal or object. The glimmer of humor, pathos, and spirit in so much of what I see is the basis of what I paint.

copyright

All content here is under copyright: Gail Siptak. Please ask for permission if you wish to use them. Thanks.

Total Pageviews