Saturday, September 1, 2012

We have been lucky with rain this summer....the trees live! 
No taking it for granted though.  Only have to look northward to see drought and southeastward to see flood.  And still we drive big cars and waste everything.

However.  I'm back to speak to the project I'm wallowing in.  (In which I'm wallowing).  I am now well on with my trees/nature on arched window like wood.  There will be twelve large ones at the end....for me recalling the books of hours that I have seen reproduced in books on medieval art.  There is always that startling blue and some sort of reference to the common thread of man and nature.  There will also be six of a half size, and another six or more of small ones maybe devoted to insects.  I'm excited about this....I love to work in a theme, a thread and follow it along.

Hot in the studio of course.  Mostly can only work in the mornings.  And then there are still the monthly trips to Calif to see after my mom.   But it's like concentrated orange juice.  It works.

Peace.



4 comments:

  1. like concentrated orange juice - indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love what you are doing. Just beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha, Maureen, yes!
    Thanks, Annell, yours are so wonderful! I appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gail, just had to check in n what you are working on...love the arch form, the fish swimming around trees...fabulous! Great project. And glad to hear you have rain, but not too much. The weather is a bit asquew! Well, that spelling can't be right...

    ReplyDelete



swamp, 55" x 29"

in progress

flying fish, 55" x 29"

eye with a view

free counters

Followers

Popular Posts

more stuff:

http://flickr.com/photos/siptak
http://gailsiptak.com
http://koelschgallery.com

studio

studio

About Me

My photo
I am living and painting in the little town of Houston. A far way from my San Francisco beginnings. I paint what I see of the human condition, be it human, animal or object. The glimmer of humor, pathos, and spirit in so much of what I see is the basis of what I paint.

copyright

All content here is under copyright: Gail Siptak. Please ask for permission if you wish to use them. Thanks.

Total Pageviews