I hate to leave my computer and Flickr, but its time to travel. We are off to Fairhope AL, a rather interesting place. There is a great book called The Poet of Tolstoy Park by Sonny Brewster that I recommend highly. The subject of the book was an intellectual and an eccentric who lived in a cement round house that he built. He usually went barefoot and bathed in the cold spring fed water all year.
True story, great read.
Fairhope was founded by folks from up east a long time ago. They were planning a community where all could be educated and live equally. The town was named by a woman doctor who said it had a fair hope of surviving.
The web pages of some very good artists.
- roger lee's sculpture
- professor art, reflections on life and the creative process
- mark adams
- somethings i think about- annell livingstone
- harry stooshinoff
- banner mountain textiles
- katherine treffinger
- cecilia levy
- andy feehan
- mallory arts
- andre fromont
- richard russell
- susan rudat
- michael rohde
- HJ bott
- made in mississippi
- lydia bodnar balahutrak
- tim glover
- kelly moran
....I'm totally out of Indian Village rag paper to paint my gouaches on!!!!!!! I am combing the Internet trying to find something that...
I sit here in a comfy house with my chin in my hand....well, my hand is busy with the other one at this moment as I'm not a hunt and pec...
This has nothing to do with painting, except that it has been one of my subjects for the last 35 years. The painful subject is relationsh...
Paintings all off to the gallery. The studio echos. Well, sort of. Actually, there is a LOT of stuff in there. It is good to be producti...
Well. Lots has transpired since I last posted. My mother died and thus endeth my monthly trips to California to look after her. She was 9...
I need to write again. This time about something that really matters. My mother is 2000 miles away, 90 in Feb, living alone, doing very we...
Sunday morning. Mother's day. Everyone sweet. J had a little pile of something on the counter for me where I would find it. My walle...
Just saw Olivia Newton John on the bbc Graham Norton show. I have to spout. He is so funny, do love him. But. Much comment on how great...
We have been lucky with rain this summer....the trees live! No taking it for granted though. Only have to look northward to see drought a...
I go see the eye doc this morning. I don't want to go. The eyes are not what they used to be, baby. Some five years ago I had an attac...
- ► 2012 (9)
- ► 2011 (20)
- ► 2010 (24)
- ► 2009 (41)
- Drawing is taking up most of my creative time thes...
- Wow, where did the week go? The balmy weather in ...
- We have chugged the 8+ hours back from Fairhope, t...
- I hate to leave my computer and Flickr, but its ti...
- Started digging through some of my flat files toda...
- I'm in such big trouble. I've found Flickr. A ne...
- ▼ March (7)
folk art and other tasty bits
- Gail Siptak
- I am living and painting in the little town of Houston. A far way from my San Francisco beginnings. I paint what I see of the human condition, be it human, animal or object. The glimmer of humor, pathos, and spirit in so much of what I see is the basis of what I paint.
All content here is under copyright: Gail Siptak. Please ask for permission if you wish to use them. Thanks.