Sunday, March 8, 2009

a pumpkin sprout in spring

I never got around to taking the pumpkin off my porch. So, over time since October, it has slumped and grown big black patches all over it. Disgusting to visitors, but I still never moved it to the trash.

Today we noticed a green sprout about two inches high with two green leaves coming right out of the middle of it next to the fallen pumpkin stem. What better token of spring could there possibly be? So, carefully, carefully with a shovel, I slid it into a big wooden bowl.....disturbing a colony of earwigs who scattered this way and that. And finding a sunny spot in the garden, planted the whole pumpkin with the sprout sticking up. Sigh. Life does indeed go on.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, that is so cool! I just tossed my October pumkin last week. The deer have already pilaged the poor thing.

    ReplyDelete



swamp, 55" x 29"

in progress

flying fish, 55" x 29"

eye with a view

free counters

Followers

Popular Posts

more stuff:

http://flickr.com/photos/siptak
http://gailsiptak.com
http://koelschgallery.com

studio

studio

About Me

My photo
I am living and painting in the little town of Houston. A far way from my San Francisco beginnings. I paint what I see of the human condition, be it human, animal or object. The glimmer of humor, pathos, and spirit in so much of what I see is the basis of what I paint.

copyright

All content here is under copyright: Gail Siptak. Please ask for permission if you wish to use them. Thanks.

Total Pageviews