Tuesday, May 6, 2008

stolen artwork

I have decided to show, here, a painting that was stolen from me about 7 years ago by someone called Thom Anderson, a then designer in Houston. He had been a friend. I found out later that he cheated other people as well, not just me. He asked to "borrow" this painting (at the upper right of the blog) for a photo shoot at his new loft for a publication. I've been asked to do this before for other designers. And like most artists, I trusted in friendship and good will. Bad move.

I asked repeatedly to get the piece back and he always promised to send a truck with it. He never did and we have lost contact (perhaps "split" is a better term). I don't know where he is or more important to me....where my painting is.

The painting is large, about 80" x 96", oil on canvas on heavy stretchers. My name and the name and info on the piece on the back. This piece was always a favorite of mine and I might have had a chance to sell it, but it was hijacked.

If anyone ever sees this painting please contact me

No comments:

Post a Comment



swamp, 55" x 29"

in progress

flying fish, 55" x 29"

eye with a view

free counters

Followers

Popular Posts

more stuff:

http://flickr.com/photos/siptak
http://gailsiptak.com
http://koelschgallery.com

studio

studio

About Me

My photo
I am living and painting in the little town of Houston. A far way from my San Francisco beginnings. I paint what I see of the human condition, be it human, animal or object. The glimmer of humor, pathos, and spirit in so much of what I see is the basis of what I paint.

copyright

All content here is under copyright: Gail Siptak. Please ask for permission if you wish to use them. Thanks.

Total Pageviews